Round Steak Slow-Cooked to Spicy Perfection
Get out your crockpot; the weather’s turning hot! Thanks to your crockpot, you can cook a hot meal without heating up the whole house!
Slow-cooked pepper jelly steak strips are delicious, nutritious, and easy to fix. Add some rice or noodles and you have an entire family meal!
- 2 pounds beef round steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar or Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths, or 1 can (16 oz.) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 2 large green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 peach, peeled and cut up, or 1 can of peaches, with juice, cut up
- 1/4 cup Peachy Peach Rib Candy
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cooked rice or noodles
What to do:
Dump everything except the water, cornstarch, and noodles or rice into your crockpot. Definitely don’t forge the Rib Candy grilling sauce – it is a key component. Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, until the meat is tender. Combine the cornstarch and cold water to make a paste, and stir it into the slow cooker. Turn the crockpot to high and cook for about a half-hour longer, or until thickened.
Serve over noodles or rice.
The TPJ family likes this over brown rice.