On the suggestion of a friend to make salsa with a jar of our Cherry Habanero Pepper Jelly, we weren’t sure at first that it would work. However, they insisted that we try, and we’re glad they did because the salsa recipe that was created from this suggestion is absolutely delicious.
Spicy, delicious, nutritious, easy, and just a little bit “different,” our Cherry Habanero Salsa takes a typical cherry jalapeno salsa to a whole new realm of heat and flavor. Try it yourself. You’ll think so, too.
- 1 16-oz. package of frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2 1/4 oz each) sliced ripe olives, well-drained)
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry pie filling, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Cherry Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh is best, but bottled works just as well)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (don’t leave this out!)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chips or crackers (any kind; tortilla chips or Fritos are great options)
What to do:
In a large bowl, combine everything except the chips and mix WELL. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight. Serve with the chips.
Unbelievable good. Seriously.