Simple and Spicy Hot Crockpot Spinach Dip
Winter snacks should be hot – hot with heat and hot with peppers! Hot winter snacks warm us up all the way through our bodies.
What better time to make a delicious snack than for the Superbowl!
This means it is once again time for the trusty crockpot.
What’s the benefit of having a crockpot?
We are fans of football, especially the Superbowl, and of the crockpot.
Why do we enjoy the crockpot? Because most food served at a party, whether it is for football or just for a family gathering, is served cold or chilled. A crockpot makes it easy to keep your dish nice and hot.
Also, creating a dish in a crockpot is usually very simple. Most of them are dump, stir, turn on, and go about your day. What can be better than that? Okay, maybe an air-fryer, but air-fryers are for quick meals and dishes…we are talking about quick prep dishes, with time for the ingredients to meld together.
Is Crockpot Spinach Dip a good Superbowl recipe?
We have lots of crockpot recipes here at Texas Pepper Jelly. Delicious and nutritious recipes. This one for spicy hot spinach dip is no exception. It will make all your football fans cheer!
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not substitute Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Apple Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apples (peeled) (applesauce works, too)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (if you use canned, drain thoroughly!)
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
What to do:
Combine all ingredients in your crockpot and mix well. Cover, and set to “low.”
Go to work, if it’s morning. Go to bed, if it’s night. Let the mixture cook in the crockpot for 8-10 hours. Turn the crockpot off. Don’t stir the ingredients, let “set” for an hour or two.
You can leave in the crockpot and keep it on warm while your guests enjoy it. Or you can pour into a decorative serving bowl, surround with breadsticks, chips, raw veggies, whatever your family or guests like best to dip. Stand back.
Flavor bonus: If you have any extra parmesan cheese put a thin layer on top before serving for added cheesy flavor.
Don’t count on any leftovers. There never are any around the TPJ offices. The hungry mouths clean up every bite of this dip in one get-together. If you want some for yourself, you may want to spoon some out before offering it to others; otherwise, you may get tackled if you to try to dip.
While your spinach dip is cooking, you can create another one of our great recipes. Turn those traditional Deviled Eggs around and give them the devilish kick they deserve with our Pomegranate Cranberry Habanero Rib Candy™!
Hot Crockpot Spinach Dip
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Colander or strainer
- Crockpot cooking bag
- Silicone spatula
- 1 box frozen spinach thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Habanero
- ¼ cup finely chopped apples (peeled) applesauce works as well
- 2 tsbp garlic powder
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes you can use canned - drain completely!
- ¼ cup finely diced white onion
- If you have the cooking bags, place the slow-cooker (crockpot) cooking bag into the crockpot per the product instructions. If not, go to the next step.
- Put all ingredients into your crockpot. Cover.
- Turn crockpot on low.
- Cook for 8 hours, stirring every few hours.
- Turn off and let the dip rest for an hour to set up.
- Serve in the crockpot by turning on warm.
- You can also serve in a decorative dish or in a bread bowl.
Bread Bowl Instructions
- If serving in a bread bowl, use a hard-crusted bowl-shaped style of bread. You can make your own by using a recipe like this one from Tastes Better From Scratch, or buy one at your local grocery store.
- Cut the center out and tear the cut-out portion into bite-sized pieces for dipping. Don't cut too far down into the bowl as the dip will leak out and make your bread pieces soggy.
- Pour the hot spinach dip into the bowl until it gets to the rim. Serve.