Texas Pepper Jelly’s Super Bowl Corn Dip is so full of good food, it’s as good as a meal! Be sure to have plenty of crackers, bread, raw veggies, etc, on hand!
- 3 cans of corn – mix ’em up! Just make sure one of them is whole yellow corn. Drain!
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced green chilies
- Juice of a whole lime (lemon works, too)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion – any kind
- 1/2 cup peeled chopped apple
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper – more or less. Adjust for spiciness preferences!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded any-other-kind-of-cheese
- 1/2 cup jarred cheese dip (Tostitos Nacho Cheese Dip)
- 1 8-oz package of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip works)
- 1 cup sour cream (don’t use low-fat)
- 1/4 cup Apple Habanero Rib Candy
- Dash of garlic powder
What to do:
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease a large casserole pan. (Don’t use a buttery spray)
In a very large bowl, combine everything except the last five ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining five ingredients, beating until smooth and creamy.
Pour the creamy mixture into the large bowl, and stir until very thoroughly combined.
Spoon this final mixture into your greased casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes, stir thoroughly, and bake for another 20 minutes. The top should appear lightly browned.
Let it cool for 15 minutes or so, and serve. It’s probably a good idea to place a folded towel on your coffee table so nothing gets burned or scratched – this casserole dish is going to get quite a workout!
This dip will keep for a week in the refrigerator and does really well in the microwave.
P.S. You can make this dip in your crockpot, too. Just throw it all in, turn the dial to “low,” go to work/church/the mall/nap/etc, and when you get home 6-8 hours later, it’ll be ready!