Game Winning Super Bowl Recipes
Ready for football’s biggest game of the year? If you’re looking for some easy-to-make super bowl recipes that’ll rack up points with football fans we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re tailgating or sitting at home watching the game, these recipes are a sure bet in our playbook. Enjoy!
Spicy Sloppy Joes
TPJ’s Spicy Sloppy Joes, make the perfect Super Bowl fare. Even though they are quick to put together, you can save more time on game day by making them up a day or two ahead.
- Medium skillet
- Large spoon
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup Craig’s Ketchup (regular or habanero)
- 1/4 cup Texas Pepper Jelly Rib Candy (any flavor)
- 1/8 cup shredded onion
- 1/8 cup shredded green pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- Dash salt, if you must
- Dash pepper
- In a skillet, cook ground beef over med/high heat until no longer pink.
- Drain the ground beef using a strainer.
- Add beef back to the pan along with the other ingredients and stir.
- Cook together for a few minutes, then spoon onto buns.
TIP: If you make the sloppy joe mix ahead, be sure to refrigerate until ready to serve. Reheat in the microwave for a few minutes or on the stovetop.
Kickin’ Texas Cocktail Sausages
There’s a multitude of ways to dress up cocktail sausages for your Super Bowl party. The combination of Craig’s BBQ sauce and TPJ Apple Habanero Pepper Jelly create a mouthful of kickin’ flavor, that’s a sure winner.
- Crockpot or baking dish
- Medium mixing bowl
- Measuring teaspoons
- Toothpicks or forks
- 2 (16 ounce) packages of cocktail sausages (you can add cut-up hot dogs in with the sausages)
- 1 bottle of Craig’s BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Texas Pepper Jelly Apricot Habanero
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper
- Drain the cocktail sausages and put them in your crockpot or a baking dish.
- Whisk the barbecue sauce and pepper jelly in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients, and pour over the sausages.
- Turn your crockpot to “low,” and let everything cook for about six hours (if using a baking dish, 1 hour in a 350-degree oven).
- If your crockpot has a lift-out crock, just remove it and place it on a heat-protected surface like the coffee table in front of your football fans. Otherwise, pour into a serving bowl.
- Use toothpicks or forks for serving.
Simple and Spicy Hot Crockpot Spinach Dip
Spinach dip is a traditional staple at gatherings. Instead of serving the same ol’ recipe, we up the flavor with some Apple Habanero Pepper Jelly and add apple slices for a new, refreshingly tangy, and sweet game changer.
SERVINGS: 6 – 8
- Measuring cups
- 1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and thoroughly drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise (do not substitute Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Texas Pepper Jelly Apple Habanero
- 1/4 cup finely chopped apples (peeled) (applesauce works, too)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (if you use canned, drain thoroughly!)
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- Combine all ingredients in your crockpot and mix well. Cover, and set to “low.”
- Let the mixture cook in the crockpot for 8-10 hours.
- Turn the crockpot off but don’t stir the ingredients, instead let “set” for an hour or two.
- Leave the dip in the crockpot and keep it on warm while your guests enjoy it. Or, pour it into a serving bowl.
- Serve with breadsticks, chips, raw veggies, whatever your family or guests like best to dip.
TIP: To add even more flavor add some parmesan cheese on top before serving.
Strawberry Habanero Cake
Like a whole season of football comes down to a single game, mealtime always comes down to dessert. We think there’s no better way to finish off your Super Bowl celebration than joining the sweetness of strawberries and spice of Strawberry Habanero Pepper Jelly in a cake.
- (2) 8″ or 9″ round cake pans
- Mixing bowls (small and large)
- Measuring cups
- Silicone spatula
- Toothpick or cake tester
- Cake plate or cake stand
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- Cooking rack
- Cake knife
- 1 box Strawberry Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup Texas Pepper Jelly Strawberry Habanero plus 2 tbsp extra for the icing
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tub strawberry icing or make your own
- 1 cup whole Strawberries
Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan or 325°F for a dark or nonstick pan.
- Grease the bottom and sides of both round pans with butter. (If you decide to use a 13″x9″ pan just grease the bottom.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, water, and 1/4 cup pepper jelly, mix well with a spatula.
- Pour into the two buttered layer cake pans, and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Poke each cake layer with a toothpick.
- When your toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans. Doing this on a raised cooling rack is best.
- For the icing mix: Stir in the 2 tbsp of Texas Pepper Jelly Strawberry Habanero into the pre-made icing or in your own homemade.
- Turn one layer of the cooled cake upside-down onto a plate and frost thickly with your cake knife. Turn the other layer right-side-up (so that the round part of the cake is facing up) on top of the first layer, and frost completely.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the whole strawberries.