Spicy Stuffed Sweet Bell Peppers
Bell peppers are finally inexpensive this time of year, so buy a bag of them – all colors – and serve your family a real treat this week.
- 8 bell peppers, any kind
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1/2 pound cooked hamburger, shredded & well-drained
- 1/2 pound cooked sausage, shredded & well-drained
- Leftover vegetables, if desired
- 1 cup cooked rice, any kind
- 1 cup Texas Pepper Jelly, any flavor
What to do:
Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Leave the stems on the caps. Arrange on a large cookie pan.
In a large bowl, mix together all the other ingredients. Stuff the peppers and replace caps.
Bake at 350° F for about twenty minutes. Meat is already cooked, so you’re really just heating thoroughly and blending the flavors.
Put several jars of pepper jelly on the table so your family or guests can add more if they wish. My kids always do.
We usually serve this with a tossed salad and baked potato.