Southwestern Corn Dip Recipe
Oh, this one is SOOOO GOOD! We make this for an appetizer on a regular basis!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make enough for thirty people (yes we said thirty!):
- 1lb of cheese – we use Velveeta, but any kind of yellow cheese will do. If you have a lot of tag ends of cheese in your refrigerator, this is a good way to use them up.
- 1 can of corn, well-drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of salsa (drain off a little of the juice)
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Habanero Rib Candy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Mix the cheese and corn in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for about five minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir occasionally.
Mix in all the other ingredients.
Serve hot with any kind of crackers or raw vegetables that you want. This dip goes with everything. This recipe makes enough for a small party or family reunion.
For a smaller amount of dip, just halve everything and cut your microwave time to 3 or 5 minutes. As always, watch any cheese carefully in your microwave.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Texas Pepper Jelly Newsletter!