A Spicy Chicken And Beans Recipe The Whole Family Will Love
This recipe uses Texas Pepper Jelly’s fantabulous Peach Mango Habanero Bird Bath sauce, and oh, boy, does it ever make a difference in a recipe! You and your family will LOVE IT!
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 2 cans of Bush’s Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Texas Pepper Jelly’s Peach Mango Habanero Bird Bath
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to do:
In a small skillet, saute the onion in the oil until tender but not quite caramelized. Add the garlic and cook about a minute longer.
Transfer to your crockpot. Stir in the rest of the ingredients, cover, and cook on low for 8 hours. In other words, turn on the slow cooker, go to work, and when you get home, your house will smell WONDERFUL and your supper will be ready!