Summer Holiday with Spicy Potato Salad
It’s the Fourth of July Weekend, and that means cookouts, picnics, and reunions galore! And what is any of those things without a big bowl of cold potato salad?
That’s why I’m posting our fantabulous potato salad recipe again. People ask me for it all the time, ever since I first posted it here, and I usually just send them the link or the recipe via email.
However, since everybody will be wanted potato salad this weekend, here’s our Texas Pepper Jelly potato salad recipe, in its entirety. Enjoy, y’all.
- Ten large potatoes: peeled, cubed, and boiled. Drain and set aside. (I don’t peel them anymore, if I use red potatoes.) (Let them cool before you start mixing things into them)
- Eight large dill pickles. Chop LARGE and set aside.
- One large onion. Chop finely and set aside.
- One green pepper. Chop LARGE and set aside.
- Two boiled eggs. Peel and chop and set aside.
- One small jar of red pimento. Open and drain.
- 3/4 cup of Miracle Whip.
- One tablespoon of cheap yellow mustard.
- 1/3 cup of Mango Habanero Pepper Jelly
- Tiny dash of salt, if you must.
What to do:
Now, dump the drained potatoes into a large bowl, and throw everything else in there with them. Mix thoroughly but carefully, so you don’t mash the potatoes. Cover the bowl tightly, and put it in the refrigerator. Potato salad is best cold, you know.
We’re having all the family here on the Fourth, and we’re grilling out, naturally. I’ll be making Spicy Potato Salad tomorrow night AFTER everybody goes to bed. If I make it too soon, there’s none left for the actual meal.
We do what we gotta do.
(Don’t forget to watch this space for our new product’s official debut! It’s awesome, and you’ll love it. That’s all I’m sayin’ right now.)