This is one of our favorite rainy-day meals. Be sure to buy brown rice; you can make this with white rice, but it’s so much better with the brown rice. That’s what we think, anyway!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Texas Habanero Pepper Jelly (Any flavor)
- 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa
- 3 cups cooked (or canned) kidney beans, well-drained
- One 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, and keep all the juice
- One and 1/2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
What to do:
Throw everything but the brown rice into your crockpot, cover, and turn the dial to “low.”
6-8 hours later, turn off the crockpot and set the table. Just before you serve, add the brown rice.
This, and some good bread and butter, make a perfect wet-weather supper.