A New Sweet Potato Recipe - Chili
This novel chili is different and delicious! It’s unlike any chili you’ve ever had before, anywhere, we’re betting.
It’s also so good, and good for you, too.
It doesn’t take very long to make, either.
Ingredients for sweet potato chili:
- Approx. 1/2 pound chicken, cut into chunks and cooked
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and also cut into chunks
- 1 16-ounce can kidney beans
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 large can diced tomatoes, plus juice
- 1/2 cup Peach Habanero Pepper Jelly
How to make sweet potato chili:
Put the sweet potato chunks in a large saucepan; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until ALMOST tender. (about six minutes)
Drain, and add everything else.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for about ten minutes.
Serve with crackers – we actually use rye crackers with this recipe to help bring out the sweetness of the potatoes.
People will be making a dive for a second helping!