Before you even start making this dip, be sure you’ve got plenty of raw veggies, chips, and anything else your family and friends like to dip into the dip.
Texas Pepper Jelly’s Spicy Chicken Dip is nutritious and filling enough to be the meal, not merely the snack or the appetizer!
Plus, it’s easy to make, makes your whole house smell wonderful, and is absolutely delicious.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned, boned, cooked, and shredded
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (we use Philly)
- 1/2 cup milk (skim works, too)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip works, too)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Texas Pepper Jelly (any flavor)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh, not bottled)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (don’t leave out the salt)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded pepper-jack cheese
What to do:
In a large bowl, combine everything except the sour cream. Blend thoroughly.
Pour mixture into a large buttered oven-safe casserole dish, and bake at 350° F for 40 minutes. The mixture will be VERY hot, so pace yourselves and let it cool a bit before you start devouring it.