When we think of salsa, we usually picture the usual red spicy sauce, which is delicious, but that’s not the kind of salsa we’re talking about this time.
Spicy Texas Fruit Salsa is a bit different, yes, but it’s still great with anything the usual salsa is good with: dipping your favorite things into, or coating your favorite things before or after cooking them! Meats, chips, even ice cream – Spicy Texas Fruit Salsa perfects them all!
- As many kinds of fresh fruit as you can grab hold of! Or, if you’re in a hurry, a 16 oz. can of fruit salad. Chop the fruit fine, in any case. (approximately 2 cups, total)
- 1/2 cup of chopped red or white onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons any flavor Texas Pepper Jelly (Choose a flavor to match whatever fruit you’ve got the most of!) (The salsa will be different every time you make it if you use a different pepper jelly each time.)
How to make fruit salsa:
Throw everything in a large mixing bowl and make sure it’s all blended thoroughly. Cover tightly and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, enjoy your lunch. Heck, enjoy your breakfast; this salsa is great on your toast, or sausage!
This recipe is great with any of our jellies, but our Rib Candy and Bird Bath flavors can be just as tasty.