Salsa Chicken Roll-ups the Talk of Every Party
Like you need a reason for a chicken roll-up? We believe, anytime you gather with family and friends around food, you can’t go wrong with these.
Do you want to be the talk of every party? The “good” talk. You know, the talk where everyone describes the amazing dish they ate at your last event? Using words like amazing and scrupdilicious!
Okay, maybe that’s not a word, but that’s how good these are. People won’t have the words to describe them!
We have just the recipe for you this to happen. Our delicious and nutritious Chicken Salsa Roll-ups are easy to make and perfect for any get-together. Whether it’s for the holidays, Saturday lunch, or summertime bbq whip some up for the next gathering.
This recipe is so simple even the kids can make it.
If they are young be sure to do the chopping and the dicing. Use knife safety. Other than that give them the kitchen and let them prepare these roll-ups. They are going to want them often so they’ll need to learn how to make them.
You can thank us later. Let’s get to it.
Chicken Roll-ups with Raspberry Habanero Texas Pepper Jelly Salsa
We encourage you to make these roll-ups your own. How? Simply switch out the raspberry pepper jelly for a flavor of your choice. Raspberry just happens to be one of our favorites.
These are made with smoked chicken. You are welcome to use chopped or shredded chicken just be sure it is cooked chicken that you use.
- Medium mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Spoon or spatula
- Plastic wrap or plastic zip bag
INGREDIENTS (Raspberry Pepper Jelly Salsa):
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- Two tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Habanero Texas Pepper Jelly
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese (we use Philadelphia Brand)
- Two 4-ounce cans green chilis – chopped and drained
- One 2-ounce can ripe olives – chopped and drained
- One 2-ounce jar pimentos, diced and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Craig’s Chipotle Seasoning
- One pound smoked chicken breast slices, thin
- 8-10 flour tortillas (8-10 inch size)
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN ROLL-UPS:
- In a medium bowl, use a spoon or spatula to mix together the softened cream cheese, chilies, olives, pimientos, garlic powder, and Craig’s Chipotle Seasoning.
- Spread the mixture on one side of each tortilla, keeping about 1/4 inch from the side. Place a chicken slice on top of this mixture and roll it up tightly.
- Roll each filled tortilla tightly in plastic wrap. Another option is to pack several of them into a plastic zip bag (be sure they’re snug so they don’t unroll).
- You can serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.
DIRECTIONS FOR RASPBERRY SALSA
- In a small bowl, mix together all the salsa ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 25 minutes.
- Serve the chicken roll-ups with the raspberry pepper jelly salsa you prepared.
Hint: We like to buy our chicken breast slices from our local deli. It usually has a great smoked flavor. Which, in our opinion, is an added bonus when it comes to the flavor of these chicken roll-ups.
Plus, they can slice to the thickness you like and they will all be the same. Equally sized portions are a key to better cooking.
Some extras you can add are lettuce, shredded cheese, and smoked turkey.
Can I make this recipe the day before my party?
These are great to make-ahead. These chicken roll-ups are delicious, nutritious, and easy as can be to put together! If you’re throwing a party, or just need something TOMORROW, these are the perfect things to throw together for your guests!
Interested in more recipes or ideas for using our products? Check out our full BBQ blog!