Hot Summer Day Spicy Cherry Salad
It’s too hot to cook. No homemade cakes, pies, or brownies for a while, but our Spicy Cherry Salad is the perfect dessert for these super hot summer days.
- 1 24-ounce can of cherry pie filling
- 2/3 can of sweetened condensed milk (not condensed milk; SWEETENED condensed milk!)
- 1 8-ounce can of crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup Pineapple Habanero pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup Cherry Habanero pepper jelly
- 1 bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 24-ounce Cool Whip
What to do:
In a large mixing bowl, mix all the above ingredients together, cover, and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour – we like it best if it’s refrigerated overnight.
Put the bowl on the table and stand back. This salad is one of the most refreshing desserts you’ll ever try.
Just thinking about it makes me feel cooler, and it’s 105 degrees outside.