Happy Independence Day, Texas Pepper Jelly fans! Here’s our famous red, white, and blue Spicy Fruit Salsa, especially for your Fourth of July gathering!
Don’t assume that “salsa” will always mean “red sauce!” Texas Pepper Jelly’s amazing Spicy Fruit Salsa is one of our many exceptions to THAT rule!
Spicy Fruit Salsa is perfect for these hot summer days; it’s cool and refreshing, and there’s just something about fruit that quenches thirst at a glance.
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced (any kind of apple will do, but Granny Smith apples are our favorites)
- Raspberries or blackberries (we use both when we have them)
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, diced
- 1 cup of green seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of Apple Habanero pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup of Strawberry Habanero pepper jelly
What to do:
Put all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl and, stirring gently, mix thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight, or at least a few hours.
Put it on the table and step back.
This salsa is delicious no matter what’s dipped into it; heck, we just spoon it up as if it were cereal. Stay tuned for our next post, which will give you a fantastic recipe for cinnamon tortillas, which are the PERFECT thing to use with this and any other dessert-type dip.