Our Cranberry Products are Made for Holiday Meals
It is that time of year, Texas Pepper Jelly fans. Time to stock up on our products that feature a tart and sweet superfood – the good ol’ cranberry.
While it may seem early to buy cranberry anything, you are actually right on time. We say you are on time because we are saving you from running around at the last minute to buy the necessary ingredients for your favorite cranberry dish.
Craig Sharry prepared in advance for the coming holidays like Macy’s does for the Thanksgiving Day parade (well, maybe not that long). And because he planned, we are happy to be able to make the statement “we have our cranberry products in stock”! Continued supply chain issues made it a challenge, but we prevailed for you.
And because we have these tasty ingredients in stock you can order them today and have them in hand in a few days. No waiting in line, or driving to the store. Save that gas money for something better.
We know the food part of the holiday is a key component of a fun family and friends get-together. It has to be good or all people remember is how bad the meal was.
The holidays are coming.
Traditions will be in full swing.
Cranberries will be included in those traditions.
And now you ask …
What to make with cranberries?
Cranberry growers would be proud to know we are using their fruit for such great products. Even more, they would love to know what fantastic recipes these cranberries have turned into.
Below is a short list of Texas Pepper Jelly cranberry ideas for your holiday meals.
We suggest you not do the same old drab recipes. Make them come alive this year!
Now, let’s take these tasty little berries from the bogs and get them into the bellies of your guests.
Here are our recipe ideas for your upcoming holiday get-together. Some of these cranberry recipes use fresh (or frozen), and some include just TPJ products.
Remember, if the recipe includes a Rib Candy, Bird Bath, or Habanero Jelly you can easily change it up by using a different flavor:
- Spicy Holiday Apple-Cranberry Sauce
- Jalapeno Cornbread – or as some call it, Mexican Cornbread
- Habanero Turkey Marinade – Add a bottle of our Pomegranate Cranberry Rib Candy to your favorite marinade, or just use it by itself as the marinade.
Glazed Candied Carrots –
- 1 (2-lb) package of baby carrots
- 1 (10 1/2-oz) can of condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 jar of your favorite Texas Pepper Jelly (or add 1/2 cup Peach Cranberry Habanero Rib Candy to the carrots instead of the pepper jelly)
Leftover Turkey Sandwiches – Use our Cranberry Habanero Jelly as the condiment.
Looking for ways to use our products besides the holiday menu? Go to our recipes tab to see what we have taste-tested and approved.
Here is one of our favorite cranberry recipes.
Spicy Cranberry Salad Recipe
- Medium pot
- Wooden spoon
- Food processor or blender
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Medium mixing bowl
- 12 oz fresh cranberries frozen cranberries will work, too
- ¼ cup TexasPepper Jelly Apple Cranberry Rib Candy
- 1 tart apple Pink lady is a good option
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange peel or lemon peel finely grated (either or use both enough to equal 1 tbsp)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pineapple finely shredded
- Put all ingredients except the pecans into a medium saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Stir continuously (don't leave them!) until the mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Turn the heat down and continue stirring for about ten more minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- The cranberries will have begun to soften and many of them will be "popping." That's good; you want them to pop!
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans.
- Pour into a serving bowl, cover, and refrigerate until time to set out for guests.
- We suggest giving it at least 4 hours to get a good chill throughout the entire dish.
Note about cranberry consistency:
- Some people prefer their cranberries to be chopped up fine; go ahead and throw them in your food processor or blender if you want a finer consistency.