Applesauce With A Touch Of Texas Pepper Jelly Heat
Get out your crockpot; this is a really easy recipe!
Everybody loves applesauce, and homemade applesauce is even better. Best of all, though, is applesauce with a kick of jalapeno or habanero! Impress your entire family with some homemade spicy applesauce. It’s really very simple to make from scratch.
- Approximately ten large tart apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar (you can use Splenda, and you can always add more sugar if your family likes it sweeter.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-oz of Apple Habanero Pepper Jelly
What to do:
1. Combine cubed apples, sugar, water, and cinnamon in a slow cooker; stir gently. Cover and cook on low for about 7 hours or until apples are tender.
2. Add pepper jelly and stir.
3. Serve. We prefer applesauce cold, so we usually put the applesauce in a covered container in the refrigerator overnight. If your family likes warm applesauce, however, just put it in a bowl and let them dig right in! The pepper jelly turns plain ordinary applesauce into a real treat!