Turn Your Favorite Chinese Food Menu Item Into A Simple Homemade Meal
In the midst of summer’s hottest weather, your crockpot is your best friend! Your slow cooker can produce delicious, awesome meals without competing with your air conditioner or turning your kitchen into a sauna.
Texas Pepper Jelly’s fabulous Crockpot Cashew Chicken turns your favorite item from the Chinese restaurant’s menu into a simple, nutritious meal you can serve straight from your crockpot!
Cashew Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli, bite-size
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (DO NOT use vegetable or canola oil – must be olive oil)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Black Cherry and Grape Habanero Rib Candy
- 4 tablespoons Pineapple Habanero pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup shredded pineapple
- 1/2 cup halved red or green seedless grapes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cashews
How to cook our Crockpot Cashew Chicken Recipe:
In a large crockpot, layer everything except the cashews and chicken broth.
Pour the chicken broth over the layers.
Add water to completely cover the contents.
Cook on low for 8 hours. Add cashews just before serving. (Mix well.)
Serve with rice – whatever kind of rice your family prefers. We fix both white and brown rice, as everyone has very different opinions about rice.
This recipe is even better the next day! You’ll probably have to hide the leftovers, however, if you want them to still be there for your lunch the next day.