Popular Chicken Recipe Guests Will Enjoy
There are variations of this recipe all over the internet (must be the change in the weather!) but we think our version is the best. It’s not just because our recipe uses our products, either; it’s because our recipe is the BEST!
So many people don’t take advantage of their slow cookers – this is a big mistake, especially if you’re a busy person. Your crockpot can be more than a timesaver; it can be a lifesaver. Seriously.
Here’s how to make our crockpot recipe version of Pineapple Habanero Chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts, boned and skinless
- 1 cup Pineapple Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Habanero Rib Candy
- 1 cup finely diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup shredded pineapple
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots (fresh)
- 3/4 cup water
- Sour cream, to taste
What to do:
Arrange the chicken breasts in your crockpot, and spread the shredded pineapple over the chicken. Pour the rib candy over the pineapple.
Mix the remaining ingredients (except the sour cream) in a large bowl and pour the mixture over the chicken/pineapple. Pour 3/4 cup water over it all, put the lid on the slow cooker, set it on “low,” and go to bed or to work. In about 6 hours, break the chicken into pieces and mix it all thoroughly. Serve on a platter.
Step back. Watch your hands; those forks will be moving FAST.
We suggest serving this chicken crockpot recipe with green beans and tossed salad. It’s delicious any day of the week, but especially so on a cold rainy night.
P.S. Thanksgiving is just around the corner! We sure hope you ordered your holiday dinner supplies!
Pineapple Habanero Crockpot Chicken Recipe
- Crockpot or slow cooker
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Measuring cups
- Wooden spoon
- Large mixing bowl
- 4 chicken breasts skinless and boned
- 1 cup pineapple shredded (canned or fresh)
- ½ cup Texas Pepper Jelly Pineapple Habanero Rib Candy
- 1 cup Texas Pepper Jelly Pineapple Habanero
- 1 cup tomatoes finely diced (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup onions finely diced
- ½ cup carrots shredded (fresh)
- ¾ cup water
- sour cream to taste
- Arrange the chicken breasts in your crockpot, and spread the shredded pineapple over the chicken.
- Pour the rib candy over the pineapple.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except for the water and sour cream.1 cup Texas Pepper Jelly Pineapple Habanero, 1 cup tomatoes, 1 cup onions, ½ cup carrots
- Pour the mixture over the chicken/pineapple.
- Pour 3/4 cup water over it all, put the lid on the slow cooker, set it on"low," and go to bed or to work.
- In about 6 hours, break the chicken into pieces and mix in the sour cream. Mix it all thoroughly.
- Serve on a platter with a raised edge.