Why Chicken Dips Are The Superbowl Secret Ingredient
Your super football Sunday couch quarterbacks are going to need food, and plenty of it. Get out your crockpot, grab some bread, veggies, or chips and make some dips, easy-peasy style. Remember, you can’t have too many dips at your super football party, and that’s not even counting your in-laws!
Sunday night football is only a few days away now, so add this awesome recipe to your list of absolutely necessary football night foods!
Texas Pepper Jelly’s Cheesy Chicken Dip will become one of the hits of the evening, along with all those painful tackles you’ll all be watching on the big screen. . .
Why is chicken dip the secret ingredient?
Avid armchair coaches usually have something to say (or scream) about how “their” team is playing. Whether “their” offense is having too many turnovers or their defense is not stopping plays, they have a comment. Very loud comments quite often.
The Texas-style cheesy chicken dip is the secret you want to put in as the first string player. It steps up and fills those mouths with great-tasting food so the comments are reduced!
Your armchair coach won’t even notice when “their” team misses a sack because the coach will be too focused on cleaning up every morsel of chicken and cheese being served.
And the only off-sides that will be called will be when someone tries to reach over the arm of another getting a scoop full of this dip for themselves.
Otherwise, it is a winning dish… and don’t we all want to have the win on Superbowl Sunday?
Here’s how to make our Cheesy Chicken Dip Recipe
It’s actually pretty simple and really takes no time at all to make.
If there isn’t a store nearby, then shop right here on our site. If we have it in stock we will get it right out to you.
Remember this method will take a few days due to us having to ship it. But if you put this recipe on your Superbowl meal plan (and not procrastinate) then you should have plenty of time to wait for the delivery.
Pick up a cooked bird at your local grocer (ours would be H-E-B). Be sure to get one with lots of seasoning so the flavors carry over into the cheesy mixture.
Now, let’s put this recipe together.
Dip Ingredients you’re gonna need:
- One 8-oz package of cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup of Texas Pepper Jelly Peachy Peach Rib Candy
- 1/4 cup finely diced peaches
- 1/2 cup crumbled mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded cooked chicken
- fresh parsley
Steps to put this cheesy dip recipe together:
Sunday morning, get out your crockpot and preheat it on low.
Stir the cream cheese in your crockpot with the ranch dressing, Rib Candy sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Stir in the shredded chicken and mix well. A rotisserie or smoked chicken works really well for this dip. It helps enhance the chicken flavor. You can even use frozen chicken, but you need to let it thaw before adding it.
Cover with the shredded Cheddar cheese, and turn it on high. Let the mixture cook until bubbly. Once the mixture bubbles and the cheddar cheese browns, turn the crockpot too low and let it wait for your guests to arrive – it’s ready to eat any time now.
When you are ready to serve it stir and add some fresh chopped parsley to the top. Serve this cheesy chicken goodness with chips, celery sticks, breadsticks, or whatever you wish to DIP!
How long does it take to cook chicken dip?
Cooking times will vary depending on how you make this recipe. If you use the slow cooker as we suggest, it can take a couple of hours. If you choose a dutch oven to put on the stovetop or in the oven, it could only take about an hour.
Other cooking options for the Cheesy Chicken Dip
If using a dutch oven for this recipe or preparing on the stovetop, put the cream cheese in the pot on low heat on the stove. Just as in the above process, add the ranch dressing, Rib Candy, and mozzarella cheese. Let these melt together and then add the chicken. Mix it all up and cover it with shredded cheddar cheese.
Cook on medium heat If cooking on the stove. Once all the cheese is melted into the mixture and it is bubbly, remove from the heat and add the fresh chopped parsley to the dip. Serve immediately.
If you plan on baking in the oven, preheat the oven to 350° F. Bake without the lid for about 35 minutes. Once the cheddar cheese is really melted, remove from the oven stir, and add the parsley.
What other cheese can be used to make this recipe?
Don’t think you are tied to using the cheddar cheese or even the mozzarella we have in the recipe. Those are some of our favorites and they melt well for dipping purposes. We have used Monterrey Jack Cheese and Colby in this recipe, but the jack will add a little extra heat, which is already provided by the Rib Candy.
It’s a versatile and great-tasting recipe like many of ours are. However, making it your own makes it even better.
Another great thing about this cheesy recipe is it can be served in the pot you make it in. No need for a large bowl or serving dish. In fact, it is better served in the crockpot or dutch oven to help it stay warm and gooey.
With this fabulous dip, your Superbowl party will be a winner even if your team isn’t
Texas Pepper Jelly's Cheesy Chicken Dip
- Crockpot (slow cooker)
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Silicone spoon
- 1 pkg cream cheese softened
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ¼ cup Texas Pepper Jelly Peachy Peach Rib Candy
- ¼ cup peaches finely diced
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cup chicken finely shredded
- fresh parsley chopped
- Turn the crockpot on low to warm it up.
- Place the cream cheese in the crockpot.
- Stir the cream cheese in your crockpot with the ranch dressing, Rib Candy sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and mix well.
Types of pre-cooked chicken
- A rotisserie or smoked chicken works really well for this dip. It helps enhance the chicken flavor. You can even use frozen chicken, but you need to let it thaw before adding it.
- Cover with the shredded Cheddar cheese, and turn it on high.
- Let the mixture cook until bubbly. Once the mixture bubbles and the cheddar cheese browns, turn the crockpot too low and let it wait for your guests to arrive - it's ready to eat any time now.
- When you are ready to serve it, stir and add some fresh chopped parsley to the top.
- Serve warm.
- Serve this cheesy chicken goodness with chips, celery sticks, breadsticks, or whatever you wish to DIP!