A Superbowl Snack Made With Cheese To Please The Football Fans
Here’s another awesome Superbowl snack recipe from the Texas Pepper Jelly kitchen!
Ingredients for your cheesy dip:
- 2 pounds of Pepper Jack cheese (shredded will melt the fastest)
- 1 cup of Pineapple Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 2 cups half-and-half (cream)
- 1 cup shredded pineapple (if you used canned drain it well)
- 1 large tomato, diced (or 1 can diced tomato, drained)
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 cups raw spinach, finely chopped
How to throw together this simple slow-cooker recipe:
Remove the lid to your crockpot and throw everything on the ingredients list in! (Oh, this one is difficult, right?) Replace the lid, turn the dial to “low,” and go watch tv for a half hour.
After 30 minutes, give the contents a stir; the cheese should be mostly melted. Set your timer for another half hour.
Now the dip should be ready to be, well, dipped into. Set out any variety of chips, veggie sticks, pieces of bread, crackers, etc, and allow the football fans to tackle it.
If, and that’s a big if, you have any leftover this dip lasts for several days unless your family finds where you hid it. (Refrigerate any leftovers, although it’s not likely there will be any.)
Enjoy your happy guests and the 5-star reviews.